Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

lump in the groin area was seeping, we had sex

my boyfriend had a lump in his groin area,it was like a boil and was seeping, we had sex last night and today i have found a similar lump on my groin area, what could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jazz0670

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the lump that you describe was due to lymph node swelling in response to infective cause, it is likely that you have contracted the infection and have developed similar lump. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the groin lump that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation done by your doctor/gynecologist. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Avoid self-manipulation. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. . Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, sex
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.