Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Lump in scrotum connected to testicle

I found a lump in my husbands left testcle. He saw his family doctor who sent him for an ultrasound. They said nothing, now his doctor is sending him to a urologist.
The lump is in the scrotum but is connected to the testicle what should he expect from the urologist?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2009
There are a variety of benign (and malignant) conditions of the scrotum and testicle that can present as a lump. The urologist will examine him and review the ultrasound results. Based upon this assessment, the urologist may recommend additional tests, biopsy of the mass, or even removel of the testicle (if there is a strong suspicion of malignancy).

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.