Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

lump in arm pit

hi! im having lump in my armpit.its actually a swelling,when pressed hard i feel pain.this problem arose in my teen.it was linked with periods.few days earlier to period date my armpit used to swell and become sensitive to touch and so do my breasts and i used to feel so much pain.after periods time was over every thing was normal.it works as an indication for my periods.almost 6 years back i went to a doctor and she gave me pain killers and said every thing is normal and no need to worry about it.now im 28 yrs old now and got married and m having 8months old baby.im having that swelling permanently after getting married and during pregnancy.as my baby is 8 months old im still having that swelling.can u diagnose wat it can b.like ifeel now as well in some part of the month it becomes more sensitive.i feel necessary to tell u that my baby is on breast feed and after his birth i have still no periods.plz reply me as soon as possible
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2009
You may have some axillary breast tissue, which is rather common. Because this tissue behaves just like the tissue within your breast, it will often become swollen and tender around the time of your period, as with the rest of the breast. However, it is important to ensure that this area does not contain any breast lumps or enlarged axillary (armpit) lymph nodes, which may be signs of potentially serious conditions.

Your physician can examine this area, and if necessary, order an ultrasound of your armpit area.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.