Hi everyone, For the past six to seven weeks I have had an on again off again feeling of a lump in my throat opposite venicular side around my adams apple. I have no pain, no discomfort, no problems swallowing or eating. Prior to that I had a slight problem with a feeling of something being stuck in my throat but that has gone. I am currently studying for the bar exam and working full time as well as living with my girl friend. We have two cats (now six months old) which I feel I might be growing allergic to. Although I have never been allergic to cats. My Job blows,.... to say the least and I am not sure if I am losing my mind or getting really sick. I am 37 with no prior health issues. Any advise...?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2009
The first piece of advice is to assume that this is a medical issue and seek qualified medical help. From a psychological point of view, think about the stressors in your life. Your job, studying for the bar exam - what else. You might be getting some unusual physical reactions fro being overloaded. Check out your life-work balance; re-assess your life goals; talk with your partner. Ask yourself the important questions about your life and the load you are experiencing and work form there.

Best wishes

Dr Jeff
www.drjeffbailey.com

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.