Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

lump doesnt show a sign of decreasing in size .

User Profile
i am 20 years old male , from past two years i have a lump in my right chest which doesnt show a sign of decreasing in size . six months ago,I consulted a general physician and he gave me vitamin E supplements ( he said it might be high level of oestrogen ) he dint propose any test in this case . I am not sure is it benign or malignant . Thank u

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2016
General Q and A Answer A56155
Hello and welcome

Your concern is appreciated

A chest lump is a localized area of swelling on the chest. It can involve the chest wall skin or can be situated more deeper.Chest lumps can be caused by a number of conditions including infections, inflammation, tumors or trauma. These can vary in number from single to multiple, can be firm or soft, it can be painful or painless depending upon the cause. Some of them may rapidly increase in size and some may not change its size.

A person between the age of 10 and 25 years who has a swelling under and/or around one or both the nipples,this can be due to some hormonal changes during puberty.It is a benign condition.In most cases this will go away on its own within 2 or 3 years. Sometimes the appearance of lump in the chest can be due to intake of certain medications, which is also a benign condition which regresses after the medication is stopped.So make sure if you are using certain medicines which has such kind of side effect.

Certain chest lumps are painful that feels like a soft grape.This condition is called a Cyst which is also a benign condition. It can be treated by simple drainage. There is another type of chest lump which is painless that feels rubbery and is easily moveable , this condition is called Fibroadenomas and is a benign condition. Although it is more common in women but men can also experience this condition.

If a chest lump is hard, painless under your nipple, and you have noticed any chest changes such as skin dimpling or puckering, redness or scaling of the nipple or chest skin or any associtaed nipple discharge then this is something serious and you should consult your doctor for further assistance.And if needed he/she will have to perform certain tests to rule out certain malignant conditions.

From your description it seems that it will be a benign condition but even then consult your doctor for further assistance.

Hope this will be of some help to your querry


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.