Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

lump by pubic bone area "floats" back out through my skin

Please help me out anybody. I'm 19 years old and i am sexually active and i take birth control. i had this lump on my right side of my pubic bone area that takes up the whole right side just about, and my left side looks normal like it should. the thing is i can push it back into my body sometimes it seems to "float" back out through my skin where it's visible and sometimes it goes away for a few hours and sometimes like 2 or 3 days. it's like a floating ball that i can push in. when i lay down it doesn't come up at all, it's when i stand straight that it comes out sometimes. i have no idea what it is. im going to make an appointment soon before i go back to school hopefully. i just wanted to know if this is something that needs immediate attention?!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
If it was me, I would have it looked at as soon as possible. It might be nothing serious, or it might be some form of prolapse or something else. It is better to find out now.

Best of luck!
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....