I had a ct scan today with contrasts because of this lump. It is soft and about the size of a golf ball. It has grown since I first noticed it. It is not painful although I have some pain on my shoulder blade. I am kind of concerned I guess. I have been also been running low grade fevers off and on the last few weeks. Does anyone know what this could be. I guess I will find out something next week. JKF11
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2009
Why wont someone answer me? I would like to have an answwer please. JKF11
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2009
Supporter
Hi JFK11, and welcome to ehealth forum.
I moved your post from Introduce Yourself to General Q&A because I felt that you would get more exposure and responses there.
As for your problem, if you rule out the obvious possibility of a broken collarbone, it could be anything from a benign fatty mass to a cancerous lump. I hate to say this but I think you need to be patient and wait and see what the results say.
While searching for an answer I came across this photo of a guy with a permanent lump after a collarbone break.
http://www.pbase.com/terbo/image/23485517
Have you ever broken your collarbone or had an injury to that area?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....