Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Lump behind left side of ear

User Profile
hi there im a 29 yr old woman with three kids iv noticed a lump behind the left side of ear and im felling more tired and tired everyday and im going bald on the top side of my head my hair is more wire hair even when i wash it it still the same i get bad headaches and i can be very stressed out as im a lone parent i get pains in my face and the back of my head to.could u please tell me anythin because i need to know before going to doctor just incase i get news that not expectin im gettin weaker and weaker and my sleep isnt great any more thankin u caroline

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2010
Skin Answer A9307
It is unlikely that all of your symptoms have a single cause. Certainly, chronic stress can cause headaches and other body aches, Hair loss in adults is, for the most part, genetically determined. As for the lump behind your ear, it is not possible for me to offer specific diagnoses without examining patients. Most lumps in this locations are benign, however. (Very rarely, enlarged lymph nodes can be a sign of cancer.)

You would be doing yourself and your children an enormous and healthy favor if you stopped smoking.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.