Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Lump above right clavicle can be like a golfball?

Hi,

I have a lump over my right clavicle (Just above my collar bone). There is no real pain, unless I do exercise. One morning when I woke up I tried doing push ups and within 2 I felt a sharp stinging pain. I also have noticed a stinging shooting sensation when I try to lift my right arm sometimes, as if I have been hit.

The lump tends too change in the level it protrudes over the course of time, protruding more when I'm active. It can be moved around slightly, a doctor said that's a sign it's not a tumour and I can temporarily push it back slightly in with no pain, just a small strange feeling. When it protrudes at its worst it is almost the size of a golf ball, in my estimation.

I was wondering does anybody have any experience with this type of thing?

An ultra sounds found no results and left a doctor fairly confused and with no results. I've seen pictures similar to what I have and it could be a cyst, as most similar pictures indicate a broken collar bone. Which I think I would have noticed if I had! Haha.

If it means anything I'm a fairly healthy (hopefully!) 19 year old male, with no serious medical history. Thanks. Also, I'm not sure what the story with the forums are so I hope I don't get this too wrong!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012
I know a lymph node is present in this area but it would show up in an ultrasound and it wouldn't keep changing in such a substantial way you described.
I do not think this is a cyst as cysts, too, show up on ultrasounds.

A broken collar bone would be extremely painful and the "lump" would not change from big to small continuously.

Did the ultrasound show the lump? or did it show nothing?
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
The ultrasound showed nothing. Which made everything more confusing.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012
Very strange!

You should go get a second opinion, although ultrasounds never tend to make mistakes or really miss out on anything.

Any chance this could be a bulging vein?
|
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....