Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile

I have a lump on my head above my ear on the right side, and every time i lean my head back i and turn to the right ( the side where the lump is) I get really bad Vertigo. On top of that i feel a little out of it during the day and have a hard time concentrating on things. Also when i look up and down really fast i have a trail tail of black lines.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2010
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A17394
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the lump on head above the right ear and vertigo when you lean back or turn to the right with difficulty in concentrating along with a trail tail of black lines.
Your complaints might not be related to each other as the lump on top of right ear can just be an enlarged lymph gland and have nothing to do with vertigo and black lines in vision. Benign positional vertigo and ophthalmic migraine are the other two entities which might be causing vertigo and eye symptoms and both usually do not require any treatment and are self-limiting.
You must consult your personal physician for definitive diagnosis and treatment as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.