I am a 35 year old female who currently has had 3 lumbar surgeries Laminectomy and Diskectomy as well as a recent laser disk surgery in Oct 2015 which I had to pay 24,000.00 out of pocket. I currently have a total of 8 bulging/herniated disk L2-S1 and C4-C7 since the laser disk surgery my pain has tripled, I have little mobility as far as being able to move my head side to side. I still am experiencing numbness and weakness in now both arms when before surgery was only the right side. As I mention I had 4 large bulging disk C4-C7 but the C4-C6 were the most extreme that had complete impingement on the spinal cord and nerve. So I was convinced that having the laser disk would let me avoid having the 4 level fusion which they said was my only other option. Can anyone tell me if this was in fact a wrongful decision on the surgeons end??? My insurance currently dropped this Dr so now I'm stuck with trying to find a new Dr to help me. Any advice would be much appreciated for I am desperate and in constant extreme pain!! Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2017
Hi there. I can't say if your doctor made the wrong or right decision. But I can share my experience because the outcome seems similar. I am 35 as well and had two laminectomies 8 weeks apart. My pain has gotten worse, not better. My Neuro told me he never had a patient like me where nothing has improved (lucky me). So here I sit questioning if he did the right things as well. I know it is frustrating. It has seemed to really have broken my spirit. I wish you the best of luck. Any questions, please ask. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply