Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Lowered uric acid level, still pain is there

Hello- i am 26 years old, it's been more than 4 months I am suffering from pain in both of my foot, ankles and left wrist, I took all the test and found Uric acid was too high in my blood, doc prescribed me fuboxstate tablet and within 2 weeks it came down to 2.2, it's been more than 3 weeks since I lowered my Uric acid, but still pain is not going away and both if my foot and left wrist have swollen and stiff, I drink 2 ltr of water, have lowered my food intake,specially meat, chickens, alcohol and dairy products,
Just to add, in the first week of Jan2016 I met with an accident, had stitches on my right knee, that took approx 2 months to cure, but that time there were no pain in my foot, pain started in my foot when I got a new shoe in feb 2016, I thought it might go away with time as this was just bcoz of new shoe, also I started taking protein x powder without any exercise, I knw it was a big mistake I made.

My question is,

1- Based on my above comments is there anything else causing pain as my uric acid is down?
2- is it possible any of my nerves misplaced due to the accident or new shoe and causing pain and swelling?
3- is there any kind of infection causing the pain due to accident?

Thank you
Any help on this is highly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2016
hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

The uric acid level should be high for really long time before it can get accumulated in the joints, even during the acute attack some people may have lower uric acid levels, so its not necessary that lowering your blood uric acid level means that your joints should not have pain. its actually the presence of uric acid crystal causing problem and pain it will surely take time and lowering your uric acid levels will prevent any future episodes. the diet has very little role as only 10% uric acid is derived from dietary sources still every little bit helps.
its possible to have pain due to misfit shoe or any injury sustained but that will resolve after the stimulus is removed and injury is resolved as far as there is no permanent damage.
infection can also lead to pain but there is fever and redness swelling of the joint with it.

hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Exercise, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gout , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.