Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Lowerback pain and abdominal pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
My lower back has been hurting for awhile, is tolerable. After chasing my granddaughter around the yard I woke up with my insides feeling like they were falling out. I had that feeling years ago when I had a non-cancerous tumor the size of a basket ball engulfing my uterus and ovaries. Those parts are gone so I thought something else was falling. I have had an Upper and Lower GI, a CAT scan, Ultrasound, blood tests, abdominal x-rays, treated for intestinal and colon disorders. They have found nothing. When the pain is worst in the front my back pain is the worst. It hurts to walk, sit, stand, and even lay down. What could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A17846
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The feeling and symptoms you describe are suggestive of abdominal or pelvic mass. If the CAT scan, ultrasound and blood tests have come back normal, it could be taken as nothing wrong as said by your treating doctors. If these investigations done were a long time back (more than 6 months), then you should request for a repeat ultrasound scan of whole abdomen and pelvis to see if any issues like hernia or tumor is again developing that could be responsible for your symptoms.
For the back pain, try with rest and hot water fomentation, it should help. If the pain continues, then a spinal x-ray along with Orthopedic opinion will be recommended.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.