Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower back pain when sitting

I'm only 18 but for the past four months or so I've been dealing with annoying lower back pain when I sit. I sit in nearly 2 hour classes for three classes every day, and I sit at a table when I do my homework. I know sitting a lost isn't good for you but is it normal for it to ache like this? It starts to bother me about an hour into sitting and won't go away for a while, even when I go lie down it still hurts. I don't exercise at all, but I'm not overweight at all (5'4 about 100 lbs). What could be causing this? Is it normal for my back to hurt a lot because of how much I sit?

Also, I've had a similar schedule for years now and this is the first time it's ever bothered me. It's not excruciating pain or anything, but it's very annoying and aches.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2015
Thank you for asking
Sitting for long daily is a bad posture and has its adverse effects. Muscle spasm is the likely key here causing all this pain.
Take some muscle relaxants and lie flat on a hard surface avoid mattress etc. See if it helps. If the problem persists we might need to have lumbar and sacral vertebral assessment by an MRI as a disc may be compressing on a nerve root.
I hope it helps.
Take care

|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2015
It is happen due to your sitting in a bad posture. Change your sitting position, take breaks while working, and do exercises in that time. If pain persists, then consult with a chiropractic physician to get therapy and treatments.
|

replied March 25th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
Do "static extension on elbows" (Do a Google search) to put the disc back into place. Hold for 3 minutes.
|
Tags: Exercise
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.