Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Lower back pain, but no uterine cramping?

So I am new to this forum, but I have a very odd phenomenon right now and I need some advice.
As of right now, I've started my period, but I have NO uterine pain. No belly cramping, no tightness in the front, but my back is full on screaming! Rolling cramping and my skin is crawling and itching. (My right shoulder has been seizing for the last four days and refuses to let up no matter what I do) I'm so weirded out. I am actively bleeding with no front cramps and that is not normal.

Just an FYI, NOT pregnant, I have PCOS, PMDD, and Dysmenorhea. Typically I take metformin and spironolactone which keeps most of my symptoms under control, but had to go off my meds because I couldnt afford them without insurance.

I guess my question is, has anyone else else experienced this? I am not a stranger to my own body or my cycle as my health issues require me to to be on top of this but I am genuinely stumped and any information would be so welcome.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2019
Thanks for your question.
I presume your back pain is a coincidence and as at present,you do not have belly cramping,the etiology of backpain is separate.I suggest you to take some rest and avoid weight lifting.A few minutes dry hot compress can help you and you can take paracetamol 650 mg or ibuprofen 400 mg as SOS basis.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to go to the doctor.
Wishing you all the best.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.