Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower back pain and constipation

User Profile
I have severe lower back pain, I am constipated and have hemorroids, my breasts have these tiny veins that are growing throughout and are tender in my nipple area I also have bad acid reflux. I haven't had my period and am 3 days late. I've been 3 days later before. Could I be pregnant or is this a possible sign of pain due to being overweight? I've gained about 20 pounds in 2 months.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2009
Back Pain Answer A5890

According to the symptoms you reported, pregnancy can not be neither confirmed nor ruled out. Try to calculate your ovulation day. Ovulation occurs fourteen days before the start of the next period. If you expected your period to start on February 23rd, then your ovulation was most probably on February 9th. Try to remember if you had intercourse on that date.
You might want to use home pregnancy urine test or visit your gynecologist to determine exactly if you are pregnant or not.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.