Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Lower back arthritis, any tips , exercises or stretches?

Hi my name is dakis galanis , age 39 , I am a fitness instructor ,but working as a cook the last 1,5 year ,I just had diagnosed with arthritis in my lower back after a MRI scan ,I have a mild pain on my lower back for the last 10 years but the last 2 is get in worse I sleep with pain and wake up from the pain , if I stand too match is get in bad if I sit too match also and if I laying down too Mach also, I have an extra firm bed to sleep other wise there is no way to sleep and even then I use I pillow between my legs to make it easy to fall a sleep, any tips , exercises or stretches will be apriciated, and what to a need to avoid to make it better , I all ready avoid any exercises in the gym that put strength to my back , thanks for listen hope to hear from you soon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2014
Welcome to e health forum.

Based on the history provided it seems that you might be having moderate to severe backache associated with arthritis of your lower back, which has limited your daily functioning.

Usually arthritis of the back bones is a degenerative bone disease and is rare in adults under 40 years of age, unless they have a history of back trauma related to workouts of sports.

The first thing to do , would be to rule out Inflammatory causes / Rheumatoid causes of bone disease. In addition, the possibility of nerve root impingement also needs to be looked into.

Medications like pain killers, anti-inflammatory agents or disease modifying agents also can be prescribed by your doctor to control the symptoms or the progress of the disease.

You will also benefit by undergoing physiotherapy sessions at the hospital, which will help to improve your body's functionality and also to manage the pain. These exercises vary with specific conditions and have to be done, keeping in mind your underlying specific bone damage.

Hence it would be highly recommended to consult your doctor or a orthopedist for proper medical advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.