Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Lower abdominal (pelvic) pain on right side

For the past year I've been having lower abdominal pain on my right side. It is very low, pretty much pelvic/groin area. It has gotten worse over the last couple months. When it first started I had a pelvic ultrasound done and everything looked fine. Since then I haven't had any medical attention because I lost my insurance. The pain itself is hard to describe. Sometimes it's a throb. I've noticed I sometimes feel it worse after I empty my bladder and when I'm sneezing. Then other times it's a steady ache that seems to drain me. The majority of it is located in the same spot, as described above, but sometimes it seems to radiate down my right leg and around the backside of my hip area. I have researched different things but am not sure what it is. I can't afford to have tons of tests done so I really don't know where to go from here. I have read it could potentially be chronic appendicitis, gluten intolerance, problems with right ovary or scar tissue from the healing of my child being born over two years ago (which wouldn't make sense because my ultrasound looked okay but that was a year ago), hernia, cancer, IBS.. The list goes on and on. But none of the symptoms to these seem to fit my pain exactly. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly greatly appreciate your help! Thanks so much.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2014
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the pelvic pain that you describe on one side without further examination and evaluation. Do not depend on the evaluation results of past year. If symptoms have worsened, visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause and get started on treatment (based on correlation of examination finings and evaluation results) for the pain control. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.