Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

lower abdomen and bottom pain like cramps

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Started having sharp pain in my lower abdomen area and my bottom. Hurts to stand, sit and walk but once I get still it's just a constant pain like cramps. I am on fertility drugs and could possibly be one week pregnant would that be causing the pain or could I just be constipated? I also feel very bloated and kinda swollen in the Lower abdomen area but have cramps like menstrual cramps and pains like when u need to use te bathroom. When I try to pee it hurts and also when I try to poop anything that involves me pushing or straining brings me to tears.

Should I take a stool softener to see if that helps or do I need to go to the ER? Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A33935
Welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms are more likely to be due to chronic constipation related fecal obstruction.

Taking over the counter laxatives (like Milk of magnesia) and fibre supplements (metamucil and Citrucel) might be helpful.

In addition, Eat fiber-rich foods, such as wheat bran, fresh fruits and vegetables, and oats. Drinking plenty of fluids daily and exercising daily will also help.

If the above measures are not helping, consulting your doctor for proper advice would be necessary.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.