Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

low TSH for almost 10 years, Is it my thyroid ?

I'm 45 years old, I have low TSH for almost 10 years now but was asymptomatic. Last fall I started having symptoms so I went to see my family doctor and I saw my endo beginning of February and she sent me for some blood work.

Here the results of some of my tests:

TSH .55 range .32-4 mIU/L
FT3 4.6 range 3.1-6.2 pmol/L
RT3 20 range 8-25 ng/dL
FT4 12 range 9-19 pmol/L
Thyroglobulin antibody 11 range <40 kIU/L
Thyroperoxidase Antibody <10 range <35 kIU/L
Prolactin 28.2 range 5.0-27 ug/L
cortisol am 457 range 135-537 nmol/L
transglutaminase Ab IgA negative
endomysial antibodies negative
nuclear antibody positive
vitamin b12 493 range 138-652 pmol/L
ferritin 31 range 5-272 ug/L

*waiting for results from TRAb to come in

My symptoms include:
heart palpitations
hair loss
low blood pressure
cold intolerance
difficulty concentrating
brain fog
joint and muscle pain/weakness
mood swings
bowel changes
low libido
dry skin and sometimes itchy
eyebrows at the outer edge are non existent
weight loss

Can anyone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These investigations are considered as normal. Your symptoms are consistent with somatoform disorder. Consult psychiatrist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.