Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Low Temp, Death/Health Anxiety, Very Stressed

Okay so I guess I'll start this story back in September 2015, I went to the urgent care and they told me I had a urinary tract infection. I was on my period at this time so they told me I had blood in my urine and I said...well duh I'm menstruating. I'm a 19 year old female girl and had been experiencing chills so I picked up a thermometer, the thermometer said my temp was 96 which was wrong it was actually 98.4 when I went to the urgent care. This was in September. I felt fine for a while, started having a large amount of health anxiety and thinking I had lymphoma or leukemia every day, any time I got a bruise and I was constantly obsessed with proding my lymph nodes. One day I just decided to go back to the urgent care for a follow up, again they said I had a "little bacteria" which they gave me a full week of antibiotics to get rid of. That was five months ago, and I assume my temp was normal when I went they didn't point anything out. Now for the past few months my temp has been at 97.7 every time I check it at home. I asked my sister if she could check her temp, it tells her that she has 98.6 temp so I know the thermometer is working right. Over the past month I have been dealing with a great deal of Death Anxiety on top of the already full swing Health Anxiety, and so this 97.7 temperature is not helping. Along with this I have a bit of acid reflux and little discomfort/pains in between my rib cage. Of course I googled, everything when you google always leads to cancer. So now I'm terrified, and am going on vacation next week so I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the doctor before then. I really try to be healthy but I feel like the stress is causing me to be unhealthy mentally as well as physically. I just want to be able to enjoy my vacation but I can't when nobody in my family takes my health concerns seriously and won't help me get the proper help I need to rid myself of the anxiety.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

Your changes in temperature are within the physiologically acceptable levels, and there is no need to panic.

It looks that you have a severe anxiety and unnecessary fear of health issues, which have been negated by your doctors who have examined you.

If you still feel unsatisfied, it would be recommended that you consult with a psychiatrist who can provide you proper counselling and behavior modification advice which can help you. In addition medications can also be prescribed as determined by your doctors.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.