Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Low insulin level and low blood sugar?

I recently got some blood work done, and my fasting glucose was 63. My insulin level was 1. My doctor hadn't ever seen results like that before. From everything I've been reading, if your insulin level is 1 it means you have type 1 diabetes. However, if you have very low insulin levels your glucose is supposed to be high. Does anyone know what could cause both low insulin and low blood sugar?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2018
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Blood sugar of 63 is low. Most probably there has been a confusion with respect to the insulin units used in the laboratory. Kindly upload an image of the lab report to clear the confusion and comment accordingly.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hypoglycemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.