Medical Questions > Nutrition > Low-fat Diet Forum

Low Fat Diet (Page 1)

I am looking for low fat diet which will help in weight loss. maintain some of them Please............
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile ClaraContiu
|

replied February 9th, 2012
Do not eat Oily Food. Eat Fruits and Lot of Veggies.
|

replied March 9th, 2012
Experienced User
Low fat diet is always good for health. specially for diabetic people it is important to follow such type of low fat diet which will help to lose weight loss.
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2014
ofcourse low fat diet is good for health but low carbohydrate, sugar and grains also help in weight loss.

eat fruits, vegetable salad, whole grain, low fat dairy item, use lemon in ur diet in form of lemonide, lemon in fruits. this will help you in losing weight.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012
actually low fat diets are not the much needed key to losing weight, low carbohydrate diets are much better. Fat will not necessarily make you fat, excess amounts of sugars and carbohydrates will. If you really want to lose weight, cut your grains, sugar and dairy. Check out the Paleo diet, it really works!
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2012
I agree that excess amounts of sugars and carbohydrates will result in weight gain. However, excess amounts of protein and fat will as well. The simple fat about it is- any caloric amount in excess to caloric burn results in weight gain.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012
actually low fat diets are not the much needed key to losing weight, low carbohydrate diets are much better. Fat will not necessarily make you fat, excess amounts of sugars and carbohydrates will. If you really want to lose weight, cut your grains, sugar and dairy. Check out the Paleo diet, it's a great way to go about eating!
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
Healthy body needs vitamins, minerals, proteins and fat. Learn about low fat diet and how low fat diet can help you to lead a healthy happy life.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2014
Yeah we need fat (the good fat/cholesterol) so we have to avoid Trans fat.
|

replied May 20th, 2012
joey is right, you're wasting your time with a low fat/high carb diet
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2012
high carb/low fat YES!
That is not necessarily true! I am 5'9", 16 percent body fat, and a personal trainer. I often eat a high carb/low fat diet. I tend to rotate my diet plans depending on if I am competing in activities or not. There are places for high carb/low fat diets. It boils down to calories in v calories out.
|

replied July 10th, 2012
Exercise is most important to loss your weight and Drink as much water as you can throughout the day. Don't eat oily or heavy foods and skip your dinner and eat some snacks. Drink juice and eat fruits. For lunch opt for fibre enriched and nutritious food like veggies. I hope these tips will help you to loos your weight.
|

User Profile
The absolute key to weight loss is too understand the process of losing weight.

1. Food intake = calorie intake

2. Basal Metabolic Rate = caloric burn rate for just being alive

3. Activities of daily life = increase in calorie burn

4. Exercise = increase in calorie burn

5. Proper vitamin/mineral intake and balance = energy for increased activity and optimal caloric burn

6. Factors affecting metabolic systems = medical conditions that can decrease metabolism, extrinsic factors affecting metabolic rate such as cold/hot temp, supplements, ect.
|

replied August 23rd, 2013
I agree with Cyndi that key to weight loss is to understand the process of losing weight.
|

User Profile
The absolute key to weight loss is too understand the process of losing weight.

1. Food intake = calorie intake

2. Basal Metabolic Rate = caloric burn rate for just being alive

3. Activities of daily life = increase in calorie burn

4. Exercise = increase in calorie burn

5. Proper vitamin/mineral intake and balance = energy for increased activity and optimal caloric burn

6. Factors affecting metabolic systems = medical conditions that can decrease metabolism, extrinsic factors affecting metabolic rate such as cold/hot temp, supplements, ect.
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi Cindi,

I am about 4 weeks into recovery from my bicycle crash and am wondering if you have any advice regarding the healing of my broken bones, acetabulum and clavicle, and diet.

I have a thread that is near the top of the page on the orthopedics and would appreciate if you have the time and interest any input you might have to share. You can click on my screen name to follow over to my thread.
|

replied September 30th, 2012
It's important to eat the right fruits. You'll be better off eating berries like strawberries and blueberries. They are low in sugar.
|

replied December 28th, 2012
exercise , fruit , it's OK.
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Watching the amount of fat you eat is important: Diets high in fat tend to be high in calories and can lead to weight gain. It's also important to keep in mind that just because something is low in fat doesn't mean it's low in calories.

A good rule of thumb when you're reading food labels: For every 100 calories, if the product has 3 grams of fat or less, it's a low fat product. This means 30% or less of the calories come from fat.
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2014
Better go at a nutritionist , and you will get a diet special for your body.
|

replied May 8th, 2014
First you should know how much calories you eat from what kind of foods. Experts recommend that most adults get 20%-35% of their daily calories from fat. That's about 44 to 77 grams of fat a day if you eat 2,000 calories a day.
Always read nutrition labels on food packages. Nutrition labels show the number of grams of fat per serving and calories per serving. Eat plenty of plant foods such as whole-grain products, fruits, and vegetables and a moderate amount of lean and low-fat, animal-based food meat and dairy products to help control your fat, cholesterol, carbs, and calories.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 25th, 2014
Also don't forget that exercising will make you hungry! That's why you should pay even more attention to what sort of food you pick and eat only low-fat but still be reasonable about low-calories food.
|

replied October 22nd, 2014
Low-fat diet as such, without reducing calorie intake does not help lose weight.

The same with low-carb diet.

From my experience, the easiest way to prevent excessive calorie intake is to avoid foods high in both sugar and fat, like chocolate and cakes.
|

replied April 4th, 2015
Low-calorie foods—without question. “Ultimately, weight loss is about calorie intake. If you take in fewer calories each day, you will slim down
|

replied May 17th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
Looking for the recipe threads but not finding and wanted to post this bef. i forget:
How to Make the Easiest Coconut Macaroons

Makes about 24 cookies
What You Need
Ingredients
3 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (see Additional Notes)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Equipment
Baking sheet
Silpat or parchment paper
Mixing bowl
Whisk
Mixing spoon

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 350F. Gather all your ingredients and equipment.
Toast the coconut (optional). For deeper coconut flavor and extra-crispy macaroons, spread the coconut on the baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, or until just barely starting to show some color. Let cool slightly before using.
Whisk the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Combine the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the whites and sugar are completely combined and the mixture is frothy.
Combine the coconut and egg white mixture. Pour the coconut over the egg white mixture and stir until the coconut is evenly moistened.
Shape the macaroons. Line the baking sheet with a silpat or parchment. With wet hands to prevent sticking, shape the coconut mixture into small balls about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Space them an inch or so apart on the baking sheet.
Bake the macaroons for 15-20 minutes. Bake the macaroons until golden, 15-20 minutes.
Cool the macaroons. Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Macaroons can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
from thekitchn
|
Quick Reply