Medical Questions > Nutrition > Low-fat Diet Forum

Low fat diet and building muscle

I've always wanted to know if it's possible to be on a low fat diet and still build muscles in the gym.
I need some advice on this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2014
thank you for asking
proteins are build up from amino acids. low fats and good balanced diet can definetly help the muscles grow. there is no single ingredient f fats utilized in muscle building except ATP the energy currency which you can get from other sources than fats like carbohydrates and proteins themselves.
i hope it helps. seek a nutritionist for further guidance.
take care
|

replied October 22nd, 2014
You can build muscle on a low fat diet, but why having low-fat diet? According to my knowledge, there is no proven benefit of low-fat diets in healthy people.

High-fat diet does not make you fat and low-fat diet does not make you lean. It is calorie excess that makes you fat and calorie deficit that makes you lean.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Low-fat Diet , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.