User Profile
I am 33 years old and have had strange symptoms, mainly headaches, dizziness and fatigue, I just got all my blood tests back and my blood work looks normal.

I was getting an orientation today at the YMCA on the circuit. I was only at the 2nd machine when suddenly I felt dizzy. This happens all the time lately, especially if I do more than a lazy workout (lately I can only walk on the treadmill at a slow pace). I guess my face turned extremely red. The personal trainer took my blood pressure. My blood pressure was 85/74 and the heart rate was 71. She took it again five minutes later and it was 111/83 and heart rate was 79. She stated that I couldn't work out at the Y until I got a doctor's clearance. I guess this shows I could possibly have a heart condition. Even when I walk on the treadmill, I get slightly dizzy and feel like I am going to fall asleep.

My resting heart rate used to be at 90, which was pretty high but was normal for me. It is just strange that with exercise, my pulse and blood pressure went down. Anyone hear of such a thing? Very very strange.

Anyone else experience this? It's just strange that my resting blood pressure is normal and my heart rate is higher when I am resting as opposed to working out.

I will get into the doctor tomorrow. My chest does hurt right now and has had a mild "pain" for the past 8 or so years. I had an EKG about 8 years ago and that came back normal. However, I was not required to exercise during the EKG at all. It was resting.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I went to the doctor and the resting EKG turned out normal, which was expected because I am fine without exertion. I am getting a stress-ekg within the next few days. Will see what happens. My mom has valve problems so the doctor is thinking that could be the case.

i guess not a lot of people on here have guesses. It is kind of strange.
|

replied March 1st, 2013
I also have this problem. Last summer I fainted during workout and yesterday when I was working with personal trainer it happened again. My blood pressure was 88/55 and heart beat was pretty high I think. Personal trainer said my lips were pale and underneath eyes were purple.

I did 24 hour portable EKG last summer, blood work and everything was fine.
and my normal blood pressure is within the normal range. and this only happens when I work out.

My personal trainer said to drink lots of water maybe gatorade but i'm not sure if that's going to fix it.
Can you post what doctor said after your stress EKG ?
|

replied March 20th, 2013
When I was in 5th grade I began having problems with low blood pressure. When I was exercising I would go from energy to unconscious on the floor. Dizzy spells and blacking out were extremely common and by grade 6 they were progressing to seizures. I had all the tests done including testing for epilepsy and nothing came up except that they noticed my blood pressure was dropping upon exertion. They chalked it up to low blood pressure and I was put on a sodium pill. This really seemed to level things out for me. I still have the same problem though I am off the sodium pills.

I get a LOT of exercise and am constantly moving the only difference now is that I add a LOT of salt to my diet. When I train or work out I take electrolyte powders to keep my blood pressure even, was using gatorade/powerade at first but was not a fan of all that extra sugar so I have found a product called GU Brew which is just a powder you add to your water but much less sugar. I am able to do all kinds of exercise as long as I am getting lot's of extra sodium into my system throughout. Sometimes during more rigorous workouts I will need to take a break and drink a little more as my fingertips and arms will tingle and the muscles begin to lock up especially in my hands. I generally just take a moment in a bit of a squat with my elbows on my knees and my head down and rub out my palms and fingers and continue.

Not sure if this will be any use to either of you as you may have different problems but this has been what I have used and it works not too bad for me.
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....