Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Loud ringing in ears and whole body shaking

Last night I was in bed and I heard a really loud ringing noise so i put headphones in but it was in my head. Then i went into sort of a trance type thing and my whole body was shaking like i was cold but more violent. The ringing in my ears was loud to the point where it almost hurt. I changed the way i was lying multiple time but the skaing still continued along with the ringing. Anyone know what this is or had a similar experience?
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2016
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Tinitis can be subjective or objective and can be due to alot of reason like noise induced damage to inner ear, ear wax, otitis media, otosclerosis, mieniers disease, age related damage, drugs that results in tinitis, acoustic neuroma,anuerysms or blood vessel deformities in the vicinity,etc you need to do ear examination tests like pure tone audiometry , imaging can also be done like MRI.
Hope it helps

|

replied December 9th, 2016
Active User, very eHealthy
Check out "exploding head syndrome" for another possible explanation. Not saying you have this, but it's worth considering.

Despite the terrible name the syndrome is generally considered harmless.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.