Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

lots of symptoms, negative test, TTC

User Profile
I am having a lot of symptoms that I can not explain. I have take two home pregnancy tests both have been negative. Symptoms: headache, dizzy, nausea (before and after I eat but with no vomiting), severe fatigue, clogged ear, congestion, 1 day period for the last two months, cramps, hungry, lightheaded, foggy head, food cravings, moodiness (crying), itchy breasts (at times). I take thyroid medication due to having most of my thyroid removed (200 mcg daily). I am borderline diabetic after being told my body is insulin resistant. My husband and I are trying to conceive. The symptoms are unusual to me and have been going on for about 2 weeks. I did have a flu shot when some of this first started to occur.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A49921
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

PMS ( pre menstrual syndrome ) is one condition that would be on the top of my list wrt your symptoms and especially their timing. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants or low-estrogen birth control pills are some of the options to control or reduce PMS symptoms. Check for any triggers eg food or drugs that you commonly take during such days and try to avoid them eg alcohol, coffee, chocolatae etc
The Flu vaccine can be quite tough on some but its long term benefits should be kept in mind. the side effects rarely appear after 2 weeks of the flu shot.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.