I'm 28, relatively healthy, but I have a lot of sleep trouble. If I manage to get to sleep before being completely exhausted (ie up for 24+ hours) I usually wake up 1-2 hours later awake and unable to go back to sleep. I can rarely sleep for more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. My girlfriend says I sometimes stop breathing when I sleep and my father had sleep apnea so perhaps that is part of it? I also frequently feel like when I'm trying to fall asleep I can't draw a full breath though I've never had breathing difficulties in the past. Just to add more annoyance, I'm also grinding my teeth at night and besides frequent dreams about being a boxer I also wake up with a sore neck and jaw.

Unfortunately I'm broke, have no insurance, and have no one who could help me pay for medical care. I need to get my life more together but I'm so tired and unmotivated all the time I can't seem to do anything yet I will never be able to afford care unless something changes. It's a hell of a catch 22.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Re: Sleep Disorder
I have been on Rozerem for several years now as a sleep aid and it seems to help. I still have bouts of imsomnia every two to three weeks, but on the other hand, I don't need to take my every night -- if I'm really tired, I will fall asleep pretty fast. I am always in bed by 9 or 9:30 because I have to get up early work.
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Experienced User
I would get insurance and have a sleep study. They can watch you overnight while you sleep and should be able to tell you exactly what is going on. It does sound a bit like sleep apnea..
|

replied March 14th, 2009
Sleep
I was surprised how poor my sleep was until I had a sleep study done. I never get past stage 3 or into a deep sleep. I've tried Ambien and other medications and find I'm groggy in the morning. I read an article about taking 5-HTP to help boost your Melatonin levels. I've been taking over the counter 5-HTP and Melatonin prior to bed and drinking a glass of milk: However, I like milk!! To help stretch my neck muscles,(I had a C-5,C-6 Disckectomy Dec. 2008) and help with my Occipital Neuralgia and Head Pain; I take a warm shower or bath. I still wake up during the night, but I feel more refreshed in the morning and not a total Zombie!! D.White sunny
|

replied March 17th, 2009
Sleeping Problems
I have a big time problem falling asleep

Tried Ambien CR- Helps me fall asleep but wake up in the middle of night alert and cant go back to sleep.

I'm sure its Insomnia and very case of it

Im having a sleep study done next month to find out more

I don't snore or have trouble breating so I don't think its Sleep Apnea

I think as you get older you get less sleep and have more problems

Im 55 by the way
|

replied March 31st, 2009
Perimenopausal and Insomnia
I'm Perimenopausal and suffer from Insomnia and many other side effects. Tried Ambien, Lunesta, Benadryl, 5HTP, Melatonin and many other Meds...they make me so groggy the next day. I also have such vivid nightmares!! Just took a Zanax and my Muscle Relaxer, had neck surgery 12-2008. Good Luck! and Sweet Dreams!
Sincerely, D.White
|