Help!!! I'm freaking out and the doctor I trust is on vacations!!!

My period started normally for two days. Then suddenly the blood turns all black, with several small clusters. Normal amounts of blood, but black/dark brown. This went on for 3,5 days (I have a 6 day period). Now it looks like ending, but I have some low-intensity cramps (I barely ever have cramps at the beginning, let alone at the end).

Could it be tied to the problems I had before it happened? The past month was the worst, as I had white vaginal secretions, then an e.coli infection from a public toilet (successfully treated), then the white secretions remained. My gynecologist told me to go for a re-check after my period, so that's where I am. The thing is, although he's the only one I've found to cover me while my regular is away, I don't think I can rely on him for something serious. He told me that black blood is never worrisome, but I'm not that sure...

So, in all honesty... how bad may it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2017
Community Volunteer
Black or brown flow is blood that was exposed to air for a while (older blood). It is not unusual to see that with the clotting you are describing, and getting the cramps with it is also not unusual.

Most women will get a few cycles where they have cramping, clotting and even larger parts of the uterus lining coming out. This is often accompanied by dark blood.

This is seldomly serious or a problem. But if it keeps on happening month after month, it may be time to see your doctor for a checkup.

Take care
|

replied July 10th, 2017
Many thanks for your reply! It really helped me to calm down Smile
|
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...