Medical Questions > Relationships > Grief and Loss Forum

lost my husband 2 weeks ago, the pain is unbearable.

I am so lost, so alone we were married 10 years and best friends for two years before that. He was my world it was just us and our dogs. He was my soul mate and I found his dead body, I found my dad's dead body 8 years ago. The pain is unbearable part of me wants to be with him so much, but I know I can not do that ....where do I start?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2013
Experienced User
my hear goes out to you; My first wife passed when she was just 31,i was 34. This was in 1972. We had been married for almost 17 years. It is heartbreaking. Seek grief counseling. Many funeral homes have grief counselors come in. You can also go to a local pastor.

Today December 12,2013; I re married 17 years ago
to a beautiful,wonderful woman. She has been stricken
with Alzheimers. I cared for her as long as I could then had to put her in a nursing home as she requires 24 hours a day nurse care.

There are some hard times in life that come to all of us.
If you are a Christian ask god for grace to face each day.
I have prayed for you & will continue to pray for you.
God bless you;
A B
|

replied December 16th, 2013
Experienced User
Handling grief is a process and it takes time, sometimes a lot of time, before we will be able to come to the stage of thinking clearly about anything else (shock can often make us feel like a zombie - unable to think clearly and unable to make rational decisions). I don't believe there is any order to coping with grief. All of us are different and we'll do things differently! We go through grief in our own unique way.... however it is important and extremely helpful to reach out to others for assistance (and indeed for others to reach out to the one who is suffering to help them through this time). We need to talk about every single aspect of the event.
|
Quick Reply