Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Lost and brokenhearted

ok so i have been with my bf for 3 years 8 months, (almost to the date) and we actually just broke up Sad i told him it was because i was not happy, which i wasnt... i was then talking to my older brother and he asked me if i wasnt happy with my bf or if i just wasnt happy with my life at that time, that got me thinking, i started a job in January and am currently working there i really hate it tho, it is a job as a waitress, working with annoying coworkers who think that just cause they were working at the restaurant for 5 years that they are the cats meow, i hate having to wait on ppl hand and foot and getting crappy tips all the time, i served for 5 years of my life, and i cant take it anymore, the only problem with quitting my job is that the money is soooo..... but ever since i started there i started to be miserable, i started to be irritated with the smallest stupidest things and my relationship with my bf diminished.... then it tured around and things that he did would annoy me, everything that he did... so now my problem 2 days ago i broke things off with my bf and have been miserable every since, so is my brother right? was i really just not happy with life and it had nothing to do with my bf and i made a really big mistake? should i start looking for another job? im so lost and brokenhearted right now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad so if there is any suggestions or comments id love to hear them
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 11th, 2008
that was supposed to say soooo good
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
If yo uare not happy wiht the job yo uare wroking at, I'd suggest look for something else. Maybe in another line of work. There are lots of places you could get a job. Have you thought of going back to school to earn a degree? There are small Technical schools taht offer courses some completed in 18 months....you get a degree and they help find you a position. Many places help you financially as well, paying tuition, books and and fees needed. You could go to school and work. You did not state you age, but I presume you are young. I can't tell you if oyu were not ahppy with your boyfrined, or jsut your life at the time. I can tell you, that now you are on your own.....you need to do some soul searching. You need ot sepnd some quality time with yourself and ask yourself what is it you want in life. I waitressed when I was younger. It was $ from tips everyday that I did not have the day before. I was 30 when I went back to school with a 4 year old at home. Alone.....Ran the dead beat off........Best thing I could have ever done for myself. I felt proud whn I walked up there to receive my diploma. I actaully landed a great job with bebefits and I could live the kind of lifestyle I dreamed of. Instead of worrying how hte rent would be paid, I own my house, I have $ in CD's and IRA acacounts for when I retire. I own both of my vehicles and I can take vacations. I could not have done this had I stuck with ''''''painting houses for a living'''''''. TO name a few odd jobs I did before going back to school. Just a suggestion.....Life is what YOU make of it!
|

i am going to be 21 in oct... i am in school now majoring in architecture, i am in my 2ed yr of that, but i would still have to transfer to another school because of the fact that i am now at a 2 yrs community college, the only problem is that while im in school what to do bout a job that pays well that isnt waitressing....... also i ment to post earlier, but could it be a sin on depression? should i talk to my doctor?
|

HELLO
I wanted to write because I was in a situation like that not too long ago. I was in a relationship that i was trying to make work because i had a kid with him. my mom told many times that i have alot a soul searching to do. if you think really hard about what you REALLY want in life. I'm a strong believer of everything happens for a reason. If you can afford the job change i would do it. If you love your man and want to be with him i bet if he loved you he'd understand why you did this whole thing.
|

thanks to both of u guys Smile should i give it more time til i talk to him bout our relationship? it has only been 2 days? if so how much time? mysweeterin what did u ever end up doing bout ur relationship?
|

Lost and broken hearted
You know him better than any of us do. How much time you should give it depends on the two of you, but if you are that miserable then I suggest you call him and start getting the two of you fixed. It sounds like to me that it wasn't the two of you that had the problem. The problem was your job. You need to do some soul searching about changing jobs if that is possible and if it isn't then maybe the two of you can sit down and talk about what is going on there and let him help you with the problems you are having there. Sometimes just having someone to lean on makes the situation a little more bearable. Give it a try. Best of luck.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2008
seems like if you broke up with him becuz you were unhappy that maybe it was meant to be that way. i dont think there would have been any doubt in your mind if you wanted to be with him even if you were/are unhappy.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....