Hi again,

I've been having some trouble eating whenever i get my 'hypo-like' days. That is, i tend to eat a bit and then completely do not want to eat anymore, whether it is meat or anything. I realize that some hypos get very hungry, but i have not noticed anyone mention this apetite loss when eating. Sure i get hungry because i eat very less from the apetite loss, but i don't think that is really extreme hunger. Is this typical for hypoglycemia? I only get this when i feel sick too, and not when i feel well.

Thanks again!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper IAmNewToThis
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yeah, it's typical, I used to have this happen. I forget what the mechanism behind it is though. I guess the body trying to starve itself so the level of food, and thus insulin, in the body drops and sugar normalizes.
|

replied April 21st, 2008
I've had these same exact symptoms - in fact I've been having them today. I feel sick today and don't want to eat anything, but I know that I need to.
|

replied August 21st, 2009
I've really been wondering about this too. When I get "hypo-like" I have a problem getting any food down; it doesn't matter what it is. And if I try to make myself eat something I tend to gag and not be able to swallow. I was wondering if anyone else ever experiences this, why it happens, and if you have any tips? I'm just feeling a bit frustrated at this end. Any information you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2009
I am a borderline diabetic, and sometimes my blood sugar is low, but I don't feel like I could eat anything. A friend who has diabetes for many years told me to try to drink some juice, and about 15 min. later I may be able to eat a small balanced meal. It works most of the time.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
I been having this same problem for a week and I also feel sick. i have in the pass problems with low sugar levels but have never see a doctor for this. I always had very good apetite so I know this is not normal.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
I been having this same problem for a week and I also feel sick. i have in the pass problems with low sugar levels but have never see a doctor for this. I always had very good apetite so I know this is not normal.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
I also have 0 appetite
|
Quick Reply