I am 5'5" tall and weigh 141.lbs. I just found out I am pregnant but I dont know how far( weeks) I am. Before I found out, I was on a abstinence diet to loose 15lbs. Now I just want to loose weight healthily for me and the fetus. What are the proper foods to eat and the proper exercise?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Experienced User
Talk to your OBGYN (you are going, right? You need your prenatal vitamins and everything. Don't wait on this.)

You don't seem like you are very overweight at all. Going on a diet to lose weight while pregnant is usually a bad idea unless the mother is severely overweight. You will gain some weight during pregnancy anyway. Worry about it after you give birth. In the mean time, just eat healthy: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy, lean meats (careful of the fish because of mercury and no sushi!), etc.

Don't forget to make an appointment with you OB. Also, congratulations on your pregnancy!
|
Users who thank Lydia32 for this post: Fairy Godmother 

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2009
Supporter
I TOTALLY agree with Lydia
Now, is NOT the time to be going on a restricted diet. You have a baby on board! This baby will depend on you. Take the advice form Lydia, see you obgyn or nurse practioner. Start your prenatal vitamins and make healthy eating choices. You can loose weight in a little less than 8 months! HUGS! F*GM
|

replied July 6th, 2009
Experienced User
What about enuff weight to loose inches off my waiste and i have a load of energy to do lots of things. All I eat is fruit and icecream drink lots of water and the weight is falling off. I havent tracked how much weight i have lost in the past 2 to 3 weeks but its falling off.And i am about 2 months preg
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2009
Supporter
i am going to email you a website about exercises for pregnant women.
my son was born one month early, he was 5 pounds. i was in a student training hospitals. i caught an infection and my son had low white blood cells. they gave him a spinal tab, he stayed in the hospital for three weeks. i was so scared that we would be under weight and concerned about his lungs.
you can keep in shape but you have to eat right and gain weight for a healthy baby.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....