Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Losing weight on arms ??

User Profile
I Teach kayaking everyday for my new job but its only to kids so im not doing to much. I do feel my arms are slightly toner but How Do I Lose the fat???!!! I want them to get skinny not bit and muscley!! Please please give me some advice!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
That type of exercise will usually turn your fat into muscle. In order to actually lose the fat you need to watch what you are eating also. What are your eating habits like?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2009
Experienced User
Tiny breakfasts, Small Salads for lunch Small dinner!! I bearly every eat sweets or fatting stuff just trying to stay on fruit n veg!! So i actually eat really healty!
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I feel the same, I need to lose my fat on my arms. Since time is so precious, I try to fit in doing exercise in the bathroom - you do a backward pushup from your bath tub - put your arms on the edge and push yourself up. I think cardio is one of the best ways to lose it along with toning up the muscles.
|

replied November 4th, 2009
Most of my female training clients are not eating enough, especially protien. Protien is the building block for muscle. If you train and do not get enough calories you will actually begin to break down your own muscle as your body uses it for energy. Try increasing your daily calories to around 1800 (active female) and ingest 1 gm protien for each kilogram of body weight.
P.S. Fat will not turn into muscle!
Tiny breakfasts lead to weight gain do not starve yourself.
Let me know if I can help
|
Tags: weight, Fitness
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....