Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Losing weight gained from anti depressants

User Profile
I've always been pretty small until my psychiatrist put me on Seroquel. I started gaining weight pretty quickly no matter what I ate or how I worked out. My Seroquel has been cut in half now so I'm on a lower dose. How can I lose the weight I gained from it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2009
Experienced User
Try to weigh yourself, keep exercising, and eating healthy. If you notice that you are gaining too much weight, you can ask your doctor if he has a medication that will not cause you to gain weight. You might want to try doing a bit more exercise to compensate for it, maybe you will be able to manage your weight.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: weight, loss
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....