Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Losing weight for wedding

User Profile
2 years ago i was 130 pounds...i was happy...i wasnt toned or anything, just a healthy happy weight.
i liked the way i looked. i moved to North carolina with my fiance, i love him very much...but we had a lot of stress with money and we eat very well or been active for two years.
our money situation is improved and we''re comfortable...but in those 2 years i gained 50 POUNDS!!!!!! i hate myself...i make my fiance and my friends mad because i wont go places because i hate the way i look and feel.
I know i should work out and eat better and i try, but i have no energy and i depressed to point where on my days off i literly lay in bed until my fiance gets off work. my wedding is in july and i havent even tried on a dress because the only ones that will fit me are huge and ugly...i hate hate hate myself....i need help im so tired of being sad....

another reason its so hard is my fiance is naturally fit and thin, he eats whatever and however much he wants and is always full of energy and in shape...its hard to buy seperate food and cook seperate meals, i dont want him to eat too little food and get sick, but i cant eat as much as he does...i dont have the time to keep up with it....

please help...i want to lose 30 pounds before my wedding in july...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2010
You can do it!
Hi Chelsie, you have to find what motivates you. I lost 30lbs (it took me over a year though) just by exercising and keeping my calories lower than what I was expending. Then you just record everything you eat and it''s calories. Sometimes you''ll be amazed at how many mindless calories you eat because you''re bored or depressed. Once you see this, and get a handle on it, it becomes like a game. You won''t eat something just because you know you have to record it later.
I really hope that this helps.
Get yourself a pedometer and sign up for some type of online food journal and you will definitely lose weight.
Good luck!
|

replied April 20th, 2010
Experienced User
you're just going to start watching what exactly you eat and exercising more..there is no magic pill or magic diet that is going to make you skinny. Its going to be hard. My boyfriend eats basically whatever he wants whenever he wants too and still managing to stay decently fit, but it seems that if i even look at a piece of cake I put on 5lbs..the point is, he is a man, his caloric needs and metabolism are going to be way different than yours...buy a scale, join a website and just simply start counting calories the old fashioned way. I've been doing it for a few weeks and its amazing how much I've cut down my snacking, you don't realize what you eat throughout the day until you track it and hold yourself accountable for it. A good website for calorie counting is livestrong.com/thedailyplate ...its free and simple, you put in how much you weigh, what your height is and if you wanna lose 2 lbs a week it will give you a daily calorie goal you need to stick to if you want to lose those 2 lbs per week. The more you exercise the more calories you can have...good luck
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Hi Chelsie, I wish I could tell you an easy way out of your situation. Unfortunately, there is no miraculous way to lose weight. It’s through a regular diet and exercise regimen. You might want to start cooking separately for yourself. When you go out to eat with your fiancé and friends, choose a salad. Join a fitness center and keep at it!

Here’s what I did. I know I use food for comfort and often find myself turning to candy bars or something sweet. I started substituting candy bars with a chocolate tea called CocoPure. It has green tea, pure cocoa and resveratrol. The green tea helps the body to naturally burn fat more quickly by raising the rate of body metabolism (it has thermogenic properties). The chocolate taste was good enough to quench my cravings for chocolate. Give up all high-calorie foods; choose foods that are high in nutritive value, but low in calories. And, I hate to say it, I had to exercise hard!

Chelsie, I’m sure you CAN knock off those 30 lbs by July and look beautiful on your wedding day. You need to do this for yourself. Don’t let situations or circumstances dictate your choices and ruin the chance for happiness you deserve.
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
thanks you guys*sniffle*

last week i cut my calorie intake to 1300 a day, and i power walk every day for 30 mins. ive lost 5 pounds already:D i practically just fell off lol and i feel SO MUCH better!
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Swimming,decreasing portions of meal and avoidance of snacks are the best strategies.
You can also try ginger and lemon juice.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Weight Loss , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.