Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Losing weight, but gaining in body fat!

I started going to gym 3 times a week, about a month ago. The gym is great, they weigh and measure me. When I weighed in, I lost weight. I even lost centimetres all round, but, my body fat increased. Please tell me how I can lose body fat. What am I doing wrong, I have even changed my eating habits.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Experienced User
You could try to incorporate more weight training into your workout, a lot of people think that too much cardio can cause muscle loss so maybe you could try interval training instead, it burns more fat than cardio, you might also try to limit your carb intake to around 100 grams a day to ensure that you're not just burning carbs in your workouts, or there are supplements that have been proven to aid in fat loss like fish oil, and cla you can find them at sprouts, walgreens, i've even seen them at walmart. Hope this helps, good luck!
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
I recommend yoga and swimming. They help tone the muscles based on experience.

|
Tags: weight, loss
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....