Hey,

I am a 25 years old female. and I have some problems that make me to worry about. For example I loos time. i do not know if it is wednsday today or friday, I also mix the hours. I can not estimate the time that has passed since some time.
Further more I have a very bad short memory, For example I read a paragraph and understand it. but just in finishing it, I can not remember what I have read.

Or some one explains me the rules for playing a game and I have difficulty in learning.

Can some one tell me what symptoms are these?

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pinco1984
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2009
I have the same problem. For example, I can't tell you if something happened yesterday or a month ago. I also have a terrible short term memory, which I was diagnosed with as a child. I get in trouble at work all the time because of it.

I have met one person before with the same problem. The only thing in common we had was trama as children.

I always though it was caused by memory repression, which I have an abundance of, but maybe that's not it.
|

hi.

what is trama?
and may I ask you how old are you? and if you have found any cure for that?
|

User Profile
Um, sorry Trauma (abuse or something traumatic to have happened when you were younger)

I'm 21 and I haven't found a cure for it yet. Right now I just try and write everything down when I can.
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Do you mean some pysocologically annoying thing? some thing realted to teenager's personality? if so yes, I did have the same problem as well.

have you ever talked to any professional in this regard?
|

User Profile
Yeah, that seems to be a common factor.

No, my insurance doesn't cover psychologist's visits and I can't afford to go on my own right now. But I plan to as soon as I can.
|

I See,

But I hope it has no thing to do with physical situation of the brain.

I will consider talking to a psychologist also.
|

replied June 27th, 2011
HI i know this topic was opened a few years ago, however i had a traumatic situation happen to me and wanted to share what ive been now diagnosed with.
and for those of you not having insurance GET it, if you cannot afford get medicaid, because this is serious.
I was given a medication for a pulled muscle in my back two years ago, and two years ago over a weeks time i was hallucinating and having problems with daily things, like time lapse and being confused. i couldnt remember getting off the phone with someone withinn 5 seconds, the memory was completely gone.
i had a 2 year old she is now four, but we would go out somewhere and i didnt literally see her hair a mess! id never normally take her out that way, but id wake up and find myself in a store, i knew i walked in but i felt as though i was far away, and i had no control over what id normally do, such as it felt like i got there somehow and knowing i did and remembering, i couldnt remember how i felt getting into the store or how i felt about going to the store. its like waking up froma dream. i was told by many doctors this is an epileptic seizure, its highly confusing, and a partial seizure at that. ask yourself do you stare off for long periods of time and not remember what just happenend?
does remembering these episodes make you have another one? if so then its more likely seizure related, siezures wont make you fall down and start convulsing all the time, you can be wide awake and exeperience it completely. my symptoms have now changed to also a non epileptic disorder, because of the trauma i suffered with the medications that caused a traumatic brain trauma, i now shut down as well, like my body is on defence.
this isnt good its not a way to live, i suggest anyone having any symptoms like this to see a doctor.
|

replied March 30th, 2014
I am a 52 year old female and I am occasionally losing time. Once it was 3 days about 5 years ago and then today I was told that I was behaving strangely yesterday. I do not remember yesterday at all. I am scared. I do not have insurance and am terrified. This has happened to me about 6 times and no one seems to care. I am treated like I am crazy and abusing drugs. The fact is that I do not drink, or smoke and the only drugs I take are my regular prescribed med for my tachycardia (Fast heart rate). I am scared. I know of three of those times that I was driving. I don't have insurance and do not know what to do. No one seems to want to hear it.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....