User Profile
recently I have noticed that I am losing time. as an example, when I say losing time I mean, when I am driving home from work I am at a certain section of road way, then all of the sudden I find myself another half or quarter mile farther down the road. Or I am sitting here browsing the internet, and suddenly I realize I wasn't here mentally, I've lost some seconds. Is this a sign of an abscense siezure?

anyone have an idea? suggestion?

thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2009
Supporter
It's called daydreaming. We do it when we are really tired. I used to drive home from work and when I got home I couldn't remember the drive sometimes. It's a little weird but just means you're really tired.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2009
Supporter
Well, I don't see anyone else trying to give you advice or sharing a similar experience, so you don't have to be so sarcastic. I'm not a brain surgeon but I was just sharing that I had the same experience when I was really tired after work. I'm sorry I couldn't diagnose you with some horrible disease but you asked something you obviously already knew the answer to.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
Hey
I had a dr ask me if I was having or heard of abscense siezures. I kinda do the same thing you are talking about. I blank out. I did this on the stairs and thought I was at the bottom whrn I was really on the forth step. I stepped into mid air and landed flat out. I also Zone out with bright lights or lots of movement like crowds. I did this at a crowed zoo and found myself down in the staff area od the apes exhibit and didnt know how i got there. Walking in the mall I stop dead in my tracks and just stand there zoned out. it freaks my husband out.

So this hs been going on for three years since a rear ender car accident.
Just last week when I went in to have myself checked after falling down the stairs the doc at the clinic mentioned the word abscense siezure and if I ever heard of it before.
Hope this helps
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....