Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Losing my mind ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
im 16 and have recently developed one of the most weirdest but scariest and most frightenest fear,i think too much into things and end up getting it stuck in my mind and it scares me so much to the point where my legs feel weird,my heart beats so fast i feel physically sick and feel like im going really scared im going mad,lately i started thinking about being a person but thought to much in to it and it feels like im afraid of myself and my mind,its scaring me so much everytime i think about it i feel all panicky and a rush of anxiety comes over me,i feel as if im losing my mind,im afraid of myself as a person even when talk i get panicky,i thought to much into it and im scared il lose my mind,i havnt been out with my friends since august so im usually always at home except for when im in school,i dont really socialise,and i feel like im cracking up,i also fear im going to forget who my parents are or where i am,its making me feel soo scared,am i going crazy :(im so scared

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2010
Anxiety and Stress Answer A9064

You have mentioned that you are scared and feel like you are going crazy, but you have explained it properly. May be it will help if you could give any specific example. And since you have stopped socializing lately, I suspect you are depressed, too.

I suggest you should visit a psychiatrist to get an evaluation done. You will benefit from counseling or therapy, as therapy helps you find out the roots of your fears.


This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.