User Profile
I've been feeling a gradual increase in my mind muscle connection for the left side. It started with feeling weakness in my gluteus (left) and unknowingly I'd find myself tensing it all the time to make sure it's alive. Gradually I felt a weird feeling in the left of my head, plus my ear would hurt a little every time I would try to relax and feel a symmetry in my body where my left is in as much control as my right. I am left handed, used to be active, out and about but now just sunk in on going thought process about losing muscle on one side (I exercise 3 times a week). Feeling this for 2 years. Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2016
Muscular and Nerve Disorders Answer A56704
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Unilateral body weakness should be evaluated for any vascular or cerebral issues. Carotid artery narrowing should be ruled out and risk of stroke should be calculated. Good diet and lifestyle will help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Muscular and Nerve Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.