Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Losing interested in school

Ok so, my parents have been pressuring me about grades, intelligence and getting into a good college for as long as I can remember, and it has rubbed off on me. I'm only a freshman, and I'm already in 3 AP classes as well as orchestra, a language, swimming, and synchronized swimming. I have always put a tremendous amount of pressure on myself to push harder and be better.
Recently I've found myself losing interest in school and various extra curriculars, as a result, many of my grades have dropped. At first I didn't care, and then I realized what this had done to my GPA and I panicked, I'm still not sure I can salvage my GPA, there's just too much to do.
When I realized what I had done I freaked out. As I'm sure most of you know, to get into a good college anymore, a 4.0 isn't just the icing on the cake- it's a requirement, and it has me worried.
I don't know if I'm depressed or not. I guess there are times when I think that I should just kill myself because that way I wont have anything to worry about, and I wont get into a good college anyway, and then I feel absolutely ridiculous because I know there are so many people out there that have bigger problems than me and they toughed it out.
I just need to know what I should do now?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2009
Don't worry
first things first don't kill yourself.
I want you to write me
and I am going to try to help you out. I had this problem a while back so write me and tell me which courses you are taking we'll fix this problem. I also want you to take a deep breath and calm down, the worst thing you can do is get stressed out about this, It will do you an ENORMOUS amount of good to do something you enjoy and revitalize yourself, get some fresh air, take a bath, what ever makes you feel refreshed do it. When you email me tell me exactly what kind of problems you are having and how exactly you are feeling, (i.e. sluggish, run down,....).
I'll give you some feel better tips and some websites that help you with your studies. ^_^ I'll be looking for you and I hope this helps. Talk to you soon.
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2009
Ok ehealthforum removed my email...
I'm looking up the websites for you that I can find, but I can find more if you post the subjects you are taking. And If you are having energy issues take a b vitamin complex.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....