just after i gave birth to my son my hair started falling out, i was told it was hormones and would stop after a while but that was 16 weeks ago and my hair is still falling out, not huge clumps but ll i have to do is run my hands through my hair and out it falls, when im washing it its more noticeable.
does anyone know why its still doing this?? should i go to the doctors again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2008
Community Volunteer
It can take up to 6 months for your hormones to completely balance out. Also, because your hair started coming out even more after the birth of your baby, you are going to start noticing even more the natural hair shedding. It has been three years since the birth of my last child and I still notice my hair falling out. But it is normal hair shed. If you are truly concerned, speak with your doctor.
|

replied November 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
During pregnancy you experience rapid hair growth due to the growth hormones produced during pregnancy. After your baby is born the growth hormone production drops off. You will shed your hair. It can take months for this to level off. I know it took about 6 months for me to stop shedding so much hair. As said by motherofhighspiritedones, if you are really concerned you could consult with a dermatologist. You can use Nioxin hair products. These products help support the hair during times of stress. It was pretty effective for me during my post pregnancy months.
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its normal. Start multivitamins and zinc supplements. If problem persists then have ANA to rule out connective tissue disease.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.