Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Losing consciousness in dream/ waking up to head hurting

Hello, I have a lot of weird dreams where the dream is normal and then I start to can't see anymore and it basically feels like I am losing consciousness in the dream. Like the walls turn sideways and my vision is really messed up and it feels like I'm sinking out of the dream and I can't wake up and I'm trying and it hurts. And when I wake up, the right side of my face hurts bad. My jawline, my teeth, my ears, my face, and I feel really out of it. Like hazzy. I don't know how to explain it. I have extremely vivid WEIRD dreams. This happens all the time and I wake up to feeling like a train just hit me in the face. In my dreams, it'll be like I'm passing out. I can't walk anymore, I can't see, and I CAN'T wake up. It hurts so bad. I haven't found anything else like this online anywhere and I'm desperate for help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2017
Active User, very eHealthy
Suggest you see a doc to determine if you have any underlying medical issues. If not, check out something called 'exploding head syndrome.'

Sounds worse than it is, considered harmless. And not saying you have this. But research this and see if it might somewhat explain your symptoms.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply