Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

loose vaginas due to weak vaginal walls

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hello doctor,i rekha 27 years old i got married when i was 20 i had an aboshion in the month of 7 (i delivered the baby normal delivery) after i had 3to 4 aboshion (DNC) and now i got a baby who is 4 years.some times my husbad says doctors has not stiched after the problem is my husband is not liking to have sex with me says it is very loose even i do not fell it inside,i get fart from front, and i really get wet very much. my husband likes the lubrecent but it is not matching because i have loose vegina and this is afftcting my marreage life please advise me. i was think that if i can get few stitch i do not know if it is possible.please do help me

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Sexual Health - Women Answer A6994

Given the data you reported (one birth, one vaginal abortion in seventh month of pregnancy, your husband claiming that he fells the vagina is too loose), you might be experiencing a loose vagina. The most frequent reason for a loose or wide vagina is giving birth to one or several children. The vaginal walls start to weaken. This might even cause losing the support the vaginal walls give to the urethra and the rectum, thus eventually resulting in incontinence.

The weak vaginal wall muscles might also be age related. All muscles in the body, including the vaginal wall muscles weaken when getting older. Weakened vaginal wall muscles might lead to increased volume of the vaginal cavity. This might be a reason for less friction during sexual intercourse which in turn might cause loss of sexual pleasure.

The treatment of this condition might involve surgical tightening of the vaginal walls. The back vaginal wall muscles are tightened with this type of operation. You might want to visit a gynecologist to check whether you are a candidate for surgery and to see if there are no conditions that would make the surgery impossible.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.