Hello all, This is my second time around with mono.... around the same time of the year.. end of the school year/summer =[ I have come to the thought that after my college athletic season and finals my body is spent and I really have pushed it too hard and this is the outcome... I'm really into lifting/bodybuilding and really experienced anxiety/depression from these two setbacks. It's been about 7 weeks since the physical flu like symptoms... I took 3-4 weeks off from doing anything physical or lifting... I have no physical symptoms anymore besides fatigue and I have this cold like. runny nose/stuffy nose/blowing my nose for literally 2 months now. I always end up reading online and letting different people's experiences get into my head.. I can't really tell if my spleen is enlarged... I do normal daily routines now with work and sometimes partying on the weekend. I'm just always a little off... It's hard to explain.. it's like my mind is not tired but my body is.. I still lift weights throughout the tiredness and push through. I am wondering if anyone has experiences with long lasting mono effects...

I am also curious in that during the athletic season our team contracted herpes gladitorium (spelling) from another team.. I was on valtrex for the entire season and never got sick.. I read herpes outbreaks can lead to similar symptoms physically like fever, etc. and am wondering if going back on Valtrex may help suppress the mono. It's very sad knowing my life is very anxiety and stress related which are the main triggers of mono..

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2012
This second time around with mono has been very different... the first time I was in school and was not smart enough to take a medical leave because I wanted to tough it out and try to get through it.. little did I know this is an actual legit excuse and my grades went down... the first time I had more of the physical .. throat hurting. fever... kneck swollen symptoms... but I remember after taking a month or something off I literally went back to feeling normal... this time it has been lingering . I feel that the first time it was mis diagnosed for a month and I kept on doing normal things which was awful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...