Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Lonely, I think I may have depression

I recently started college about 3 and a half months ago. I have no friends in college and I usually just sit in my dorm room by myself...I'm lonely. No matter how hard I try to make friends, I just can't. I'm not interested in doing any activities, I now have insomnia that happens a couple times a week, I'm very irritable, I have bad headaches, and I get angry easily. I also lost interest in sex with my boyfriend. I just feel so lonely, I'm not sure what to do. I think this may be depression? Any advice would be great. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2015
not sure if you are still reviewing your topic to see my reply or not but anyway i hope you do
as much as i know and i remember from my college years (few years ago) that can happen to feel lonely, and that can make you feel depressed because in your biology you need to be socialized
but remember this depression is just a chemistry in your body nothing serious is happening and if you rush into friends you wont get good friends, because real friends just come from NO WHERE! you can not rush to find friends
my advice is,
1-remember this happened to a lot of people
2-you are never alone, it is just a temporary period
3-add other social activities like Gym, Charities, Sports, etc, that WILL HELP A LOT
4-We are also your friends
|

replied February 20th, 2015
Experienced User
If still you are having this problem then there is nothing to be worry. Friends are not just for talking and gossips, spend some time with your mates they will automatically talk to you. And all other problem are just because you constant think about why you are alone and why this happen to you etc.. But when you feel good things will be happen to you. Be positive.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....