Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Loneliness; Having No Friends in High School

I'm a 16 year old girl, a junior in high school, and I can honestly say I have no friends. My phone never rings, I never get any texts, and I don't go out on the weekends. I used to have a close group of friends in the beginning of high school, but we drifted apart and they all have their own friends, and own lives, but I don't. I stay up crying almost every night wondering why I'm so alone. It makes me wonder, is there something wrong with me that everyone else sees that I don't? I don't have problems socializing, and I don't have low self esteem, I actually think I'm pretty. I think of myself as a good person. I'm not a gossiper, I care about other people and go out of my way to help them. But somehow, I still don't have anyone to call my friend. The other day on the bus coming home from school, a group of girls were talking about their plans afterschool, the parties they go to on the weekends, and their boyfriends. My eyes were watering as I was listening to this because these girls have the life I wish I had. I feel like everyone else has their select group of friends, and I just don't have a place anywhere. It's so sad and pathetic. I'm wondering, is it normal to have absolutely no friends at my age? Does anyone else feel like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Alexandria8
|

replied March 15th, 2014
I'm a freshman going through the same exact thing. I am not socially awkward and I am pretty attractive but those things won't get me friends. I hate going to school because everyone else seems happy surrounded by their friends, always making plans, and I'm just there. I also used to have my own group of friends. We would always go out together and talk and have fun. But we all went to different high schools and eventually drifted apart. One thing i'm scared of is becoming a senior and still being in the same situation. Not having any friends to go to prom with seems really scary.
I like to believe i have a good personality, and i know i do. I always wonder why I don't have friends either. The only advice i can really give you is to try to join clubs out of school. Like church clubs or volunteer at places. You can meet people with the same interests there and hopefully make a few good friends.
I really can't wait to get high school over with because I hate feeling like this but all i can do right now is go with the flow.
|
Did you find this post helpful?