in the last 30-45 days while chewing my food after a couple of minutes my bottom jaw does't want to chew. i have to push up with my hand on bottom chin to chew. my teeth are fine. what's happening to my chewing ability ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2014
It happens more often than not to people. Some get it worse than others. Ive just had minor pain while chewing, opening my mouth. It could be TMJ, or lock jaw. When I went to the doctors for mine, they said the cause could be from clenching or grinding your teeth or if you've recently had a jaw injury. I know another cause could be due to arthritis. I'd suggest if you seriously can't close your jaw while eating, and it's been happening for a few days you may want to see your doctor.

Hope this helps a little.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....