User Profile
Hello Sir,

I used to drink a little on the higher side since 2-3 years.. I got a swollen belly with a continuous discomfort since a week. I've stopped drinking and smoking. My sonography reports are as below :

Liver is mild enlarged in size and shows increased echopattern. No mass lesion identified. The hepatic veins are clear and patent. Gall bladder shows no obvious abnormality. Common Bile duct measures 3mm in diameter. Pancreas obscured. Spleen is normal in size and echopattern.

Both kidneys are normal in shape and position. Nomral echogenicity and cortico medularry differentiation is noted. No hydronephrosis or mass lesion is seen.

Renal length and A.P of right are 102 mm and 92mm. For the left it is 92 and 44 mm....
I had a boil in my left armpit a couple of days back and the head burst..now there is a small lump that is soft to touch but a little painful...It feels rubbery.
Please let me know if this could be a cancer or something.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2011
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A29090
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the boil in left armpit that had burst 2 days back and now having a small lump, rubbery to feel but a little paiful. You have also made a mention of mild enlargement of liver on ultrasound with altered echopattern and drinking pattern on higher side for the last 2-3 years.
You might be having alcohol induced enlargement of liver due to heavy intake of alcohol and stopping the same can reverse the changes in the liver. About the boil being painful and of short duration, it might be due to infection and treatment with antibiotics might help your cause and if the lump is not resolved then your doctor might consider further testing such as fine needle aspiration cytology to get an idea about the nature of lump.
You must keep in touch with your personal physician for definitive diagnosis and management as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.